Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
KB5013942(cumulative update) & KB5013624(.net framework 3.5 + 4.8) start to download and then install then ask for a restart but then on the restart I get a msg saying We couldn't complete the updates and it rolls back and does a clean up and then they start to download again. Now this happen 5 times already on this Quad-core Acer with 12 GB ram, 1 TB drive version 21H2.

So I ignore it and then I get the restart message again and again. Everything else is up to date. Did a Superantispyware scan, Windows Security scan, Dism restore health, Sfc /scannow and still getting the same thing. The update, the restart and then the fail message.

Went to Microsoft catalog and did them separately and still getting the same thing over and over. Got Win 10 Home 64 Bit.

Had another computer in my office fail these both just one time. Anyhow, any clues?

·
Moderator , Security Team
1,999 Posts
  • Open Windows Explorer and browse to the ... C:\Windows\Logs\CBS ... folder.
  • Right click on it, and select ... Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder
  • A message will appear stating, "Windows cannot create the Compressed (zipped) Folder here. Do you want it to be placed on the desktop instead?"
    • Answer Y to create a folder CBS.zip on your Desktop.
  • Please attach it to your next post.
    • If the file is too large, please upload it to a file sharing service and provide the link to it in your next reply.
    • Examples of services to upload to are WeTransfer and TransferKit and SendFileOnline

·
Moderator , Security Team
1,999 Posts
Nothing in your logs that's within my skillset to rectify. There are failures showing however in your latest CBSPersist.log

So what I recommend you do, is post for help at ...

... the guys there are really good at resolving update problems.

I'm a trainee there myself, but I don't yet have sufficient experience to help you directly with your problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts