Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it didn’t, because it stuck at 74% and I finally hit the power button. But it claims it worked, and System Restore didn’t complete because it was missing a file.

How do I reinstall that update in spite of the system claiming it correctly installed?
I have been having a lot of other issues, going to post a second thread as I think they are not closely related but I’m not sure, please see that also. Thank you.

·
Global Moderator
42,228 Posts
Go to Windows Update History. Find the KB # for the Update, Do a Google Search for the KB # and manually download it again. You can also Manually Uninstall it in Apps and Features then reinstall it again.

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wanted to backup computer first, having trouble. Please don’t close the threads, still working on this.

·
Global Moderator
42,228 Posts
You are the only person who can mark this thread "Solved" No one will close it.

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi, finally ready to try this, had lots of issues creating a backup.
I found the kb number ( it was kb5004237, kind of wondering too about kB5004945 as things weren’t working well for a while). But, I don’t see any way to uninstall the one I think is broken? It isn’t showing under Programs as a separate item.
So then, how do I get it to reinstall?

2nd question, I was thinking of downloading kb5004237 onto a fully updated laptop and then getting it onto the main desktop via a flash drive. I haven’t put the desktop with the issues online, worried that it would be unprotected and at risk for malware. Is this ok, or might there be an issue with version of that kB number, does it automatically adjust for the computer downloading the kb?

thank you!

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So after some googling, was able to get the update Uninstalled. Then, I just used the Windows Update function to reinstall it (not the downloadable offline update). It seemed to go ok?? My guess is the previous hang had something to do with Adobe, Dropbox, Macrium, and the Epson software somehow conflicting with each other. In Task Manager there were a huge number of processes from those 4 programs.
So far all seems ok, so if you think this sounds like I'm ok, happy to call this solved. (But if you think I did something dimwitted and just haven't realized it yet, please let me know that too.) Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts