Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I salvaged an Okidata Okipage 6e from a friend while he was moving. He told me the text was all blurry, but I figured I would give it a shot. I tried brushing out everything and also used an air duster to clean it and it didn't make it any better. the text on the left is blurry a little bit and it gets progressively worse as you go to the right and stays at the same quality about halfway on the page and on.

The only thing I can try is either running a cleaning sheet through it or buying a new image drum. But I did a quick search and those image drums are around $150. At that price, I can get me a new laser printer. Anyone have any other suggestions?

·
Citizen of the world
51,047 Posts
Don't waste your money! It sounds like something has lost alignment and the laser writing is no longer focused on one end of the line. This is not a cheap problem to fix I would imagine.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Try this

Take out the toner cartidge and shake it side to side. Your looking to even out the toner. I have seen HP series LJ's with this problem fixed this way.

A free fix is a good fix. If it doesn't work, scrap it. You can get new laser printers for very little $$$ these days.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.