Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I'm in desperate need of some assistance. My sister has a laptop (Dell Inspiron 1100) which won't start up. Previously, my sister has accidently broken the charing coard, but we are using a brand new one. My father figured maybe the battery died because the charger isn't charging it, so he boaught a new one.

I'm not sure if this is a problem or not, but the new battery seems to be more powerfull according to the back of it.

The old battery reads the following, TYPE U1223, Rating: 14.8V---4300mAH Capacity 65WH.

The new is TYPE 6T473, RatingL 14.8V---6450mAH Capacity 96WH.

I didn't order the battery, so I don't know if this is the correct one or not. My dad insures its the only one open to buy for her laptop.

So here is where it gets confusing...

When I try to start up the laptop with the old battery, nothing happens. When I put the new one in, the little battery icon flashes yellow 7 times then ends. The computer never starts up.

Does anyone have any ideas what might be wrong with my sisters laptop? Thanks!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
The new battery is a compatible battery for the Inspiron 1100/5100. Does the computer start up without any batteries connected? Constant yellow flashing seems to indicate a possible faulty battery according to the user guide. Was the new battery bought from Dell or somewhere else?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.