Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,i recently replaced the motherboard in my hp compaq 2510p,everything is back where it should be but i get a problem when i try to install windows,its not recognising my hard drive,i have bought a new drive and get the same problem,the guy who sold me the mb said it might need the bios flashing. i have replaced the ZIF connector to eliminate that problem and i'm still non the wiser,can anyone point me in the right direction? thanks

· Global Moderator
Using Google to solve problems
45,023 Posts
Is the HDD listed in the Bios? What version of Windows are you trying to install? Is the new HDD an IDE (PATA/Ultra ATA) Drive? Did you set the jumper pin to CS (Cable Select?

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi,the hd is a 1.8 that connects through ZIF,i have 2 hard drives and 2 ZIF motherboard connector ribbons and i get the same result,i'm trying to instal xp,it goes through the usual setup but cant find a hd to instal the os onto,as for the jumper...i'm not sure where it would be or if it even has one with it beind a laptop,thanks

· Global Moderator
45,023 Posts
Is the new HDD an IDE (PATA/Ultra ATA) Drive? Did you set the jumper pin to CS (Cable Select?
Is the HDD in the laptop an IDE HDD (PATA, Ultra ATA) or SATA? If IDE did you move the jumper pin to the left to the CS position? Boot into Setup (Bios) go to Boot Priorirty. If IDE, make sure IDE Primary Master is the second position for boot Devices after CD rom. Or if SATA that the SATA port is enabled.
If neither IDE drive connected to the ZIF connector then the ZIF connector is probably bad.

Attachments

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi,its a ZIF connection to the motherboard,i even bought a new connector to try eliminate that possible fault,i can connect the hd to my pc with a usb to ZIF lead i have. i have tried 2 different hard drives and 2 different ZIF connectors so i think we can eliminate them,could the slot on the mb be faulty? thanks

· Global Moderator
45,023 Posts
could the slot on the mb be faulty?
Sure.
What type of HDD is this? SATA or IDE? What type of connectors do you have on the motherboard SATA or IDE? Can you connect the drive to the SATA or IDE connector on the motherboard.
A Ziff connector should only be used as a bridge attached to the HDD which connects to the data cable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.