Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Gateway Tablet Laptop C-141XL that appears to have trouble starting up. When wireless detection is off, the computer sounds like its turning on (fans start, cd-rom spins, ect.) and the lights turn on BUT the screen does nothing. When wireless detection is on, the computer does everything as above BUT as soon as a network is detected it just shuts back off. I am not able to get into the boot menus or anything because there is nothing on the screen. I would really appreciate any help I could get with this.:pray:

·
Banned
3,542 Posts
Re: Computer Will Not Work

Hi, msdavis555 & Welcome to TSF!

Have you tried simply letting the computer run for a few hours, then touching the back of your monitor? If it's hot then you know it's being recognized by your PC, if not then somethings wrong with your PC - Power Supply.

Also, If you can't see anything how do you know "wireless detection is on"?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I have not tried feeling the screen yet, but will let you know what happens with that. I know wireless detection is on by the blue LED indicator light.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Ok, so the screen does not get warm, it doesn't even appear to turn on, its not just blank its black, not even a flicker of life. Also, the external monitor does not work. It does not appear the computer is even making it to the point where it initiates the screen. It makes no windows sounds (beeps, dings, etc.) and does not respond to any buttons being pressed so I'm thinking its not even able to boot.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

I have been seeing in other posts a lot of talk about overheating, do you think the motherboard could have overheated? If so how do I handle that issue?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

So if it overheated, what do I do to make it work now? It is in a cool location now and has had time to rest and cool down but still will not turn on. I have tried unplugging it and taking the battery out to reset it but it doesn't help. I cannot find a reset button on this model.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.