Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday out of the blue my laptop just restarted - screen went blank and restart - no shut down or any warning. After it restarted everything was normal no issues.

This morning I tried to start my laptop and the light go on and the fan starts and then the go out right away, then about 5 seconds later it tries again and will continue to repeat. It does not get to a start up screen or anything seems before it can really get going it shuts itself down. So I can not access the bios at all. Also my disk drive is dead so I can not boot from disk - I don't think it would be able to anyway.

About 20-30 mins before the shut down I downloaded "DropBox" however I did not install it.

Laptop is HP Pavilion DV9927cl
Windows Vista 64bit

Thanks in advance!!

·
Networking Team |Tech
4,117 Posts
Hi guitfiddler,

Take out the batter at the bottom of the laptop and run the laptop with only the AC adapter plugged into the laptop. Also, if you can get your hands on a compress-air can, point the compress-air can to the vents of the laptop and blow out the dust. Hopefully this will help you out.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks DB, gave it a try no go - no improvement.

I am able to get the lights to stay on by holding any key down, but nothing internal even starts to kick.

I think I have brick with lights...lol :sigh:

any other ideas?

Hi guitfiddler,

Take out the batter at the bottom of the laptop and run the laptop with only the AC adapter plugged into the laptop. Also, if you can get your hands on a compress-air can, point the compress-air can to the vents of the laptop and blow out the dust. Hopefully this will help you out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.