Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone i,m new to this forum but it was recommended by a freind of mine,to keep it short,i have a hp compaq nx9005 laptop,everything was running fine until the other day when i got a message telling me the battery was running low and i need to turn to an alternative supply, so i turned on the mains charger but it didnt seem to take over so basically left it to charge, the next day i turned it on but it wouldn,t power up even when plugged into the mains,i changed the fuse in the mains supply to no avail, so here i am asking you guys what you think,either mains problem or battery or anything else any suggestions would be very grateful, :4-dontkno

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
First guess is the power input connector on the laptop may be bad or have a broken solder joint. Try wiggling the power connector and see if the battery charge light comes on.

Also how warm is the power supply getting, if it is rather cool, then your laptop may not be loading the power supply.

JamesO

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
laptop wont power up

i tryed wiggling the cable to no avail,i,ve had the ac adapter checked out and that is giving out the right voltage the laptop will not work with the battery out and the adapter on it will also not charge the battery either even though the adapter is ok,any other suggestions please :4-dontkno :4-dontkno

·
Registered
24 Posts
most likely the DC jack on the back of the laptop is not working, and probably will need to be replaced. I ran into this as a tech at Best Buy fairly often. The jack gets loose inside and loses the connection to the main board. It can be replaced, but can run a $100 or more (probably more), depending on where you have the work done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.