Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I have an Asus U56E running Windows 7. Sometimes, when I try putting it on sleep mode, the laptop wakes up again once the monitor has shut off. This is a seemingly random occurrence because I often put it to sleep with no problems; it is only sometimes that this wakeup happens. In one instance, I had to hit sleep mode three consecutive times before it would stay asleep.

I am sure that I don't hit any keys / mouse to wake it up, and it's pretty annoying. Do you have any insights on how to prevent this from happening?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, I've looked at the device manager but the "Allow this device to wake the computer" is already unchecked for my Ethernet controller.

Do you have any other suggestions?

·
Super Moderator, Editor, Articles Team
12,106 Posts
Ok, lets see if we can find out whats waking it up.

Click Start and type cmd

In the results box, right click cmd and select Run As Administrator

In the command prompt window, type (or copy/paste) this command

powercfg –lastwake

Edit; Apologies for not checking it but that command doesn't work. Try this one instead.

powercfg -devicequery wake_armed

Then press enter.

Please copy/paste the results back here.

·
12,106 Posts
I'm looking for a quick way to do this but I don't think there is one.

All I can think at the moment is to check the power management status of everything in device manager.

I'm sure someone will be along soon with a better idea. :smile:

·
12,106 Posts
Sorry, getting confused now. I'm helping another user with the opposite problem to yours. There is a link on that page though that refers to your issue. :grin:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.