Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

recently i've been using programs that makes the default computer speaker beep (the very loud and annoying sound on a desktop), so i tried muting the volume and make the computer beep, suddenly the volume becomes unmuted and the beep came very loud out of my laptop speakers.

that is all fine until i tried plugging in my speakers, before it used to be that when i plug in my speakers the laptop speakers would become mute and the output will be all routed into my external speakers instead, but now after fooling around with the beep the output is coming out both the speakers on the laptop and my external speakers, this is very annoying because the laptop speakers have very poor quality while the external speakers are very good.

does anyone know how to fix this? i.e. make it so that the output goes to my external speakers when i plug them in and go to my laptop speakers if i have nothing plugged in (the way it used to be)

btw i have Realtech HD Audio drivers

thanks

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
That's generally a hardware issue. When you plug the speakers in, circuitry on the "sound board" (a small board that the jacks are attached to) directs the output from internal to external speakers. You might be able to buy a new board for the laptop - generally, it just screws to the mobo and is connected by a zif connector

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.