Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI ,

I Have a Dell Inspiron 2650 which i bought in 2003 , recently from past 2 months , My laptop shuts off all of a sudden .

It runs windows XP ...

Laptop details are :
Processor : Mobile Intel Pentium 4M 1700 Mhz
512 mb ddr ram
80 GB samsung Hard drive .

PLEASE HELP!!

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
What tasks are you doing when this happens? Are you surfing the net, running a virus scan? It sounds more like a heat issue which could be from dust accumalation. Since I don't have a laptop I don't know how to advise you on cleaning. I have read where some use a vacuum to clean around the ventilation grids.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have a laptop and experience similiar problems. In my opinion, I think its a heat issue. The bottom of my laptop gets very very hot, and I know that can't be good for all the parts inside.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Poor mans laptop cooler: prop the rear of the machine up about 1" with a book, this allows air to get under the machine. See if this helps keep the machine from shutting down.

JamesO

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it works

JamesO said:
Poor mans laptop cooler: prop the rear of the machine up about 1" with a book, this allows air to get under the machine. See if this helps keep the machine from shutting down.

JamesO

I did lift the left side of the laptop by an inch and it works ,
Now do we have a permanent sol for this ,

·
Registered
61 Posts
They make notebook coolers. I was in an office supply store the other day and they had one for about $30. I didn't take a close look at it, but it looked like a case of sorts that you put over the laptop.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a laptop and experience similiar problems too. In my opinion, I think its a heat issue. The bottom of my laptop gets very very hot, and I know that can't be good for all the parts inside. here are the spec of my laptop

Toshiba S1800 814
dvd drive
pentium 3 processor 1.1ghz
20 gig hardrive
windows xp PRO (OS)
16mb ram

yea i think thats all i really need help please email me at [email protected] thanx

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey yall ,, i just wanted to ask if u can copy things unto a cd with the dvd drive i hav below ???

Toshiba S1800 814
dvd drive
pentium 3 processor 1.1ghz
20 gig hardrive
windows xp PRO (OS)
16mb ram

yea i think thats all i really need help please email me at [email protected] thanx[/QUOTE]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.