Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I have installed windows 10, I am on the latest build 10240 with all updates. One thing I have noticed is that after leaving my computer for 10 minutes the screen turns off (like always), but when I move the mouse to wake it up, it take about 5 full seconds to turn the screen on.

The computer is not sleeping (I can have music playing). This did not happen on windows 8 or 8.1.

I have tried updating video drivers twice, and chipset drivers since I was there. I am on a samsung np356 laptop with amd a8-4500 apu. Everything runs smooth a fast. But this bothers me.

I have now tried changing audio drivers, wifi drivers, bluetooth, and disabling all software from startup with msconfig. The same thing happend.

When the screen is resuming, the hdd light is not blinking.

Is there any diagnostic program I could run that would "record" what the computer is doing between moving the mouse and the screen turning on?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have checked eventlog for any thing at the time this happens, and there seems to be nothing at the times of the events.

Before my screen turned off I put my mouse pointer at a specific location. To wake it up I moved it slightly and quickly to the right, after 5 seconds the screen turned on and the pointer was slightly to the right of where it was. If that is any help as to knowing if the computer gets stuck. Seems to be only screen.

I have updated the display driver to windows update driver. Still the same problem. So in total I have been on 2 amd downloaded drivers (including the latest for windows 10) and 1 windows update driver. All do the same.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.