Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ive just had a brand new lenovo R400 for about two months, and all of a sudden I was using it the other day without the powercord and it shut off in a scary way saying it had run out of battery (it wasn't warning me about low battery or nothing). One, the computer had been charged overnight and i had only been using it maybe a half hour tops. Two, I have never had any battery problems before. My laptop has always been on standby for the last month. So now i left it charged overnight, and it still wont turn on. The battery light and the power cord light comes on and so does the light with the circle with what looks like a slanted z. I have no other monitor plugs ins on the laptop to see if that would work. I have tried all the recommendations to try to take the power cord out and leave power pressed for a minute and turn back on to no avail. So basically no screen. I read that if you leave your laptop on all the time as i did on standby that it was bad, but it was only two months. I could not have damaged it that fast. It was only two months old. Don't have warranty

·
Registered
4 Posts
does it actually turn on?? if so.. maybe its a graphic ribbon cable problem.. otherwise, if its turning on at all, its probably ur power supply inside the actual laptop. Best to take it to ur local repair shop mate.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
does it actually turn on?? if so.. maybe its a graphic ribbon cable problem.. otherwise, if its turning on at all, its probably ur power supply inside the actual laptop. Best to take it to ur local repair shop mate.
i can't tell if its turning on. The three lights that come on are the outlet plug light, the battery light and a circle with a slanted N (wireless light?) in it. When I listen to it, it sounds like its running but am not sure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i can't tell if its turning on. The three lights that come on are the outlet plug light, the battery light and a circle with a slanted N (wireless light?) in it. When I listen to it, it sounds like its running but am not sure.

well, if the fans are starting up, thats a good sign. does it stay like that until you turn it off, or does it shutdown after a short period?

If it shuts down, then you should try taking the RAM out and stuff like that, otherwise check your video cable. If everything seems connected right, then it could be the actual LCD. which can be expensive to replace.

My guess, unless the RAM is bad, your local computer store will probably tell you to forget it, and get a new one.. (i know.. its only 2 months old).. let me know about the power issue anyway. and we shall go from there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.