Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today I accidentally placed a magnet near my computer when I started it. When I turned it on, the screen started flickering. After a while, I noticed the magnet and I took it away. The screen was still flickering so I restarted it. Now it is better but still slightly flickers. I have an IBM T23. What is this?

Also, before I noticed the bottom left of my computer had a slight red tint... I don't know if this has anything to do with it...

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
224 Posts
The slight red tint was likely caused from the magnet. If it is noticed soon enough, A restart of the monitor usually gets rid of it.

However it appears (from your description) that the damage may be permanent.

As for the flickering, I currently have that problem on my screen, and being that I do not know the history of my Monitor a New flat screen is in the works for my computer.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Well then sure sounds as though the tint is permanent.

As for the flickering (if it was not flickering before the magnet) I don't know how to help you further.

·
Registered
13,828 Posts
Maybe you can take your laptop to a friend's house and test it on their monitor. This will tell us if if it is a problem with the video card/motherboard or just the monitor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.