Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
TSF Emeritus
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Medion P6612

Customers laptop is overheating when playing EA "The Sims 3".
Not asking for help to support my business etc, just asking to see if you know about this problem etc. The person who i'm repairing it for doesn't have broadband or dial up connection and cannot access this site theirselves.

1. I have tried blowing air out using compressed air in the vents, from the mobo, in the fan, from the copper conductor and heat sinks.

2. Have downloaded SpeedFan GPU is running at 70c when playing the game.

3. Have used RivaTuner to underclock GPU to try and lower clocks therefore lowering heat...

All of this = NO LUCK :sigh: I don't know what else to do?

Apart from a cooling mat any ideas what else? And the laptop is used on a wooden surface = no vents blocked.

How efficient are USB cooling pads as USB puts strain on CPU?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Are the heatsinks screwed down tight and making good contact? Silly next question, but is the fan working as it should? ie. Graphics intense, fast fan speed, slower for all other apps!

·
TSF Emeritus
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes power supply is OEM :)
And And heatsinks are correctly positioned yes..
Whereas the fan speed is working correctly yes.
Sorry Spurs already done that wiped off old paste with alcohol wipes, then re-applied thermal paste to heat sink ..
STILL not working,
Have contacted Medion asking about the issue, shouldn't overheat if it has that level of graphics card on board they should be able to utilise this?

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.