Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, hope someone can offer me some advice.

I have a HP Compaq 6735s laptop. It had a 6 month warranty, and in the first 6 months the laptop LCD screen broke. It had been sitting on my desk, walked out the room, no-one else in room, nothing to fall on desk. Walk back in and it had black mark across screen which I later learnt was due to LCD screen had broken. I took the laptop to the UNI IT shop, not where I brought it but just to find out what problem was from an independent advisor. They didnt doubt me when I told them that it had had no impact damage, told me it was not my fault and warranty would cover it. If only I had known the problems I would faced I would have quizzed this guy more.

Shop of purchase (independent Millenium Systems Berkshire) claimed it was impact damage and was charged for replacement screen £120. I would have protested but needed my laptop back quickly.

But now another 4 months on and same problem again - again I know it wasnt impact damage but why would anyone believe me. Im not sure what Im hoping for as its no longer under warranty, but wondering what else might cause LCD screen to break.

Please dont reply to tell me it is impossible for a LCD screen to break for any other reason other than impact damage because I have spoken to enough people to know that is not the case.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also had an HP that I had rented from a Rent a Center here. I had been using my laptop set it on my night stand walked out of room came back and it was cracked. I had also never dropped it, there was no one around it, nothing to fall on it or anything. Of course they did not believe me when I returned it to Rent a Center. I of course did not expect them to believe me either. From what I understand though this problem has happened with many others with HP.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.