Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just got a microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse for my Compaq r3000 laptop. I hooked up the stuff and installed the drivres etc, the mouse works great but the keyboad does not... It shows up in the device manager and the keyboard program but so does my built in keyboard. I'm wondering what the problem may be is there a way to set a default keyboard? I see no confilcts and I'm out of ideas HELP!

the stuff: wireless comfort keyboard
wireless laser mouse 6000
reciever= wireless optical desktop reciever

Compaq r 300 laptop,P4,

·
Registered
96 Posts
Not only dead batteries.

Did you follow the instructions and push the reset buttons on both the mouse and keyboard so they can sync up with the base?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes Yes I did all that, im wondering if maybe the built in keyboard is set to default or somethin... but if it is I can't find the setting.

·
Registered
96 Posts
watch the receiver, does it have a light on it, does the light flicker when you type a key? If not, it is not sync'd

No default setting for keyboards. either it works or it doesnt.

Is this a usb connection? perhaps you need to load the latest usb drivers.
Note: some usb 2.0 devices are not backwards compatible. They wont work with usb 1.1 systems

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help,
I had tried to use the connect buttons and the instructions did not say this but apparently for the keybord you must press them them both at the same time, on the reciever and the keyboard. :cool: So, thanks for your comments and advise, it caused me to try that. It was strange though cause I did not have to do press them both at the same time for the mouse to work but I did for the keyboard... ( Go Figure) LOL.

Stormr

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.