Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Acer Aspire 5520. I'm running Vista Home Premium, Service Pack 1. All my drivers are up to date. The laptop is about a year old, and it's been screwing up like this for about 5 months. It never bothered me before, but it's getting really annoying now.

Sometimes after leaving my computer in sleep or hibernate for a while, when I turn it back on, both the keyboard and the mousepad will not work. If I plug in a wired mouse, I can get the mouse to work, but the keyboard doesn't do anything. The only way to solve it is to restart the computer, then everything works fine.

It's only sometimes that this happens too, sometimes it will turn on just fine, and sometimes it won't.

Also, I'm not sure if this is related or not, but every once in a while, when typing, the keyboard will just stop working. I can solve this by opening the little tab for tabletPC, and when I do, capslock is depressed. If I click the capslock, the keyboard unfreezes right up and works again.

·
Registered
12,437 Posts
If you can open it up, remove the keyboard and mouse connections from the mobo and use an external keyboard and mouse instead. You may have to use it at this state until you are convinced the problem no longer shows itself. From this scenario, IMO you may now rule out if it is the keyboard and mouse or either one of them may be causing the problem.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Um, thank you for your help, but I would be afraid of ruining my laptop, which I really need. Plus, I do not have a usb keyboard, and my laptop has no PS2 port... I think I will just live with the keyboard occasionally not working.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.