Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, I hope this post finds you well. I have an ASUS ROG Strix G502V. Lately, I changed the thermal paste due to the high temperatures while gaming. Everything went smoothly. I turned on the laptop normally, played for an hour or so, temperatures decreased and everybody was happy. But, when I tried to turn off the laptop after I had finished my gaming session, the power button is no logner responding (knowing that it worked just fine when I turned the computer on). I turned i toff using the start menu, thinking that the button problem is just a temporary problem. When I tried to turn it on again, the button still doesn't respond, and I am stuck with a turned off laptop. I found a way to turn it on through the motherboard triggering 2 pins using a metal surface, and then everything worked just fine, except the power button. So I had to use my laptop without turning it off, but only putting it to sleep. Now, after few days, I played for few hours, CPU's temperature surpassed 95°C in many occasions, just to find out that '4', '5', '6', and the right arrow key also stopped working. I would really appreciate any help, this thing is really expensive for me. Thanks in advance guys!
This is how my keyboard connector looks like, and I suspect that's where the problem is :

· Team Manager, Microsoft Support
33,774 Posts
There's probably something you failed to do when re-assembling. Also, in additional power settings, see what the power button does.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.