Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help -PLEASE!
My laptop has recently started going incredibly slowly. I have run antivirus scans several times (Norton 360), defragged the disc, removed programs from start-up, cleaned out the Recycle Bin etc. but still I have the problem. It doesn't seem to make any difference whether I am on line or not. I am at a loss to know what to do as my machine is getting to be unusable - even simple things like scrolling and using menus sometimes requires a wait of a few seconds, and typing can have a lag before appearing on screen. I run Office 2000.

I have attached a Word document containing screen shots with system information. One thing that I do notice is that there seems to be constant/continuous disc activity. I have plenty of disc space by the way so this shouldn't be the problem.

Any advice that provides a way forward will be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
820 Posts
I would disable the Nortons for the purposes of checking.
See what difference that makes.
Assuming you're on Windows XP, what Service Pack version is installed ?
Are your Windows updates up to date ?
Do you have any other anti virus or security software installed ?
Have you tried running Malwarebytes ?

·
Registered
639 Posts
Well the cheapest way would be to check for infections. However If you dun feel like installing and scanning with every programme, you could always reformat

By the way, is the attached screenshot done when you computer is in idle mode or do you have programms open, cuz your memory level is low even if it is in idle state. I have 2 gig for XP.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.