Tech Support banner

81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
28,528 Posts
Going back to Bassfisher's suggestion, what disc, SSD or HD is now your main one and did you put the other one back for storage? The Blue screen indicates Western Digital. See if you can get into bios.
I went to the Hasee site and it's worthless. Hasn't been brought up to date. If there's anyway, you really should get your money back from the seller. Every step has shown the unit to b a lemon as was previously mentioned.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Right now I have a brand new SSD in from SK hynix Gold S31 SSD 500 GB that's what I swapped the storage to and installed windows on it, plus 1TB SSD NVME. There's no way to get money back because I don't know that person, and they're from another state. We met a parking lot, so there's no way to find em. Doubt they'd reply to the emails.

·
28,528 Posts
I'm sure you realize by now you've been scammed. With the amount you've already invested plus what a service person will need (hopefully no parts) your total investment could have bought a really nice unit. I and others on staff could fix if we were there with you, but unless someone else can come up with something, I don't believe we can go any further remotely. If you do get it repaired, please post what actually needed to be done.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
I'm sure you realize by now you've been scammed. With the amount you've already invested plus what a service person will need (hopefully no parts) your total investment could have bought a really nice unit. I and others on staff could fix if we were there with you, but unless someone else can come up with something, I don't believe we can go any further remotely. If you do get it repaired, please post what actually needed to be done.
Do you know anywhere I could ship it to, hopefully to get it fixed?

·
28,528 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
In your area, these people look legit. https://computer-solutions-nh.hub.biz/ Call first. Alternate address 63 Wilson Pond Rd. I'm not endorsing so if you have friends ask first.
I think these guys are out of business. Another store is located at that address. There a certain Brown Computer Solution though, do these look good? I don't mind shipping it elsewhere to a place you know for sure will fix it.

·
28,528 Posts
Brown seems to be Apple oriented. I don't recommend Geek Squad and they aren't even near you. Geeks on Site Geeks on Site - The Only Computer Repair Service You Need come to your house. Most of their techs are decent, but you'll be paying by the hour so if the problem is really tough, it could get costly. If repairs are needed, they may have to come back.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
Brown seems to be Apple oriented. I don't recommend Geek Squad and they aren't even near you. Geeks on Site Geeks on Site - The Only Computer Repair Service You Need come to your house. Most of their techs are decent, but you'll be paying by the hour so if the problem is really tough, it could get costly. If repairs are needed, they may have to come back.
I think I'll just deal with the crashes until I finish college then get rid of it. This is getting too complicated.

·
28,528 Posts
Good idea. Please be more honest when (if) you sell it than the seller was with you.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
Good idea. Please be more honest when (if) you sell it than the seller was with you.
Nah, not selling it. Salvaging RAM and storage, then scrap the rest. My morals would not allow me to sell it and sleep well at night lol

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
You know, today I disabled the intel integrated graphics, because games kept using it instead of the 1650. So When I did, my screen got to minimum brightness, and brightness control key didn't work anymore. Furthermore I could not change the screen resolution either, it was simply grayed out. This makes me think that the GPU may be the problem? What do you think?

PS: When enabling intel back o everything goes back to normal.

·
28,528 Posts
Good info here: Test GPU Disregard the advertising.

81 - 93 of 93 Posts