Tech Support banner

61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
28,528 Posts
16GB using two 8GB sticks works a lot better than the 8+16 arrangement even though it can yield 24GB. If the seller was a gamer, he certainly noticed the stuttering. For the price you paid, you could have gotten a decent new laptop.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
16GB using two 8GB sticks works a lot better than the 8+16 arrangement even though it can yield 24GB. If the seller was a gamer, he certainly noticed the stuttering. For the price you paid, you could have gotten a decent new laptop.
I got it because it was advertised as upgradable and has a 1650. Should I try and swap to brand new storage and RAM?

·
28,528 Posts
I'll say it again. It either works or if there was some kid of warranty, get your money back.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
I'll say it again. It either works or if there was some kid of warranty, get your money back.
Nah, no warranty on 2nd hand. I bought it from a private party. So I removed that 16GB stick, installed brand new storage, reinstalled windows and removed the laptop battery. Haven't had a single crash so far. If I don't have a crash until tomorrow I guess we'll call it a day lol

·
28,528 Posts
If all OK you might want to buy another 8GB stick.

·
28,528 Posts
All parts are expensive now. That's why we've been telling builders who can wait to wait.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
If all OK you might want to buy another 8GB stick.
Nvm, I just had another freeze. Dam I had my hopes up. I'll try swapping the RAM maybe it helps. The event logs do not contain anything obvious at the exact time of crash, I'm not sure it even makes a log on why it crashed.

·
28,528 Posts
Was the battery in or out?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Was the battery in or out?
In, but I had a black screen with no battery in too. I thought about it too. However, the time frame between each crash is much longer than it was before swapping out the storage. So clearly at least something got fixed.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
I keep getting this in event event viewer before crashes:
1. The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{6B3B8D23-FA8D-40B9-8DBD-B950333E2C52}
and APPID
{4839DDB7-58C2-48F5-8283-E1D1807D0D7D}
to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

Windows Hello for Business provisioning will not be launched.
Device is AAD joined ( AADJ or DJ++ ): Not Tested
User has logged on with AAD credentials: No
Windows Hello for Business policy is enabled: Not Tested
Windows Hello for Business post-logon provisioning is enabled: Not Tested
Local computer meets Windows hello for business hardware requirements: Not Tested
User is not connected to the machine via Remote Desktop: Yes
User certificate for on premise auth policy is enabled: Not Tested
Machine is governed by none policy.

3.6062 - Lso was triggered

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54}
and APPID
{15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402}
to the user DESKTOP-1LQMSJN\Wasp SID (S-1-5-21-3354458891-3084658000-4224055030-1001) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

I cant find the location of things like {6B3B8D23-FA8D-40B9-8DBD-B950333E2C52}, I found a post about editing the permission of this folders/files, or whatever they are. Maybe fixing these warning will help? I swapped Storage and RAM, but didn't fix it so those components weren't really the culprit. Any way to locate those weird items?

·
28,528 Posts
When you first reformatted disc, everything should have been fine. It seems you reinstalled registered programs that required permissions which you don't have. These were apps that needed CLSID to link.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
When you first reformatted disc, everything should have been fine. It seems you reinstalled registered programs that required permissions which you don't have. These were apps that needed CLSID to link.
Can something like that cause crashes? How is it possible that I don't have permissions? I'm like the only account, supposedly Admin. What do you mean by this "reinstalled registered programs"? I haven't installed anything out of ordinary, just usual stuff I have on my other computers.

·
28,528 Posts
We're back to the Safe Mode idea. If it works well, then the culprit is one (or more) of the apps.

·
28,528 Posts
Go into Safe Mode. Now rather than reloading things one by one, try a group at a time, starting with unlikely problems. When freeze occurs, you've IDd the group,and can focus on the one item that is the cause.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Go into Safe Mode. Now rather than reloading things one by one, try a group at a time, starting with unlikely problems. When freeze occurs, you've IDd the group,and can focus on the one item that is the cause.
Thing is, I don't even know how to get into safe mode. And how do I remove apps? Is there a guide you can link?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 · (Edited)
So I was experimenting with safe mode launches, and one of them gives me a Blue Screen.

Actually NVM I can't even boot anymore. I can't swap from safe mode becuse I can't get past boot, it will crash at windows loading screen. So I guess whatever the issue was just got worse.

Attachments

61 - 80 of 93 Posts