Tech Support banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

So I bought this 2nd hand Hasee laptop model 7ZM-CT7NA, and I had some crashing problems because of outdated windows 10, then I updated windows, installed the display drivers and the crash was fixed, however, a new problem started. After X amount of time the laptop will get a black screen, and I have to force shut down! I tried a bunch of "guides" from the internet, but none of those fixed it. At first I installed windows on the HDD by mistake and thought that was the problem, so I installed it on a SSD just to eliminate bad HDD option, then I tried every single CMD command on the internet to fix corrupt files or what not, none worked.

I have no clue anymore on what the freakin problem might be. I uploaded pics with the specs and what not, if anyone has any idea of what the hell makes it freeze, I would be happy to hear it.

Attachments

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
28,528 Posts
Please list the commands you tried to avoid us duplicating them.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Please list the commands you tried to avoid us duplicating them.
I don't remember which ones exactly, and can't check history because I reinstalled windows, so I would have to search for them all over again but some that I remember were about this:
sfc/scannow
another command had me reset something not sure what
another had me check and repair corrupted files

I don't mind doing them again tho, I don't even remember what I was doing, was super desperate.

·
28,528 Posts
Try this one: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth Afterwards run sfc /scannow again and this time if it's not fixed, post the CBS log associated with the scan: windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Try this one: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth Afterwards run sfc /scannow again and this time if it's not fixed, post the CBS log associated with the scan: windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log
Sry work got busy.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was supposed to punch that into CMD as a command right? If so it didn't work, online part doesn't go thru, error 1639

·
28,528 Posts
Are you positive the person who sold you the computer had an authentic copy of Windows installed? COA?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you positive the person who sold you the computer had an authentic copy of Windows installed? COA?
I installed clean copy, he said a key was associated with the motherboard. I haven't been prompted to activate it yet, so I assume he spoke the truth.

·
28,528 Posts
If you can connect to an external monitor and it never happens, then replace or at least check the data ribbons from the new SSD to the screen.

·
28,528 Posts
Yes.

·
28,528 Posts
Try the monitor option. At least you'll know for sure if the cabling is the problem if it doesn't occur. If it does, we can look at other options. Even when buying a used computer from a friend asking for a 30 day return policy is not unreasonable.

·
Premium Member
41,748 Posts
Press the Windows key+X and choose Powershell (Admin) or Command Prompt (Admin) then copy and paste or type
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth as written, You must choose an Elevated (Admin) prompt for this to work.
For freezing computer, try running a Clean Boot. If this works, you can leave it that way. Or you can add one startup item or service at a time until the computer starts freezing and then you will know the culprit

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Try the monitor option. At least you'll know for sure if the cabling is the problem if it doesn't occur. If it does, we can look at other options. Even when buying a used computer from a friend asking for a 30 day return policy is not unreasonable.
okay so I finnaly got it to crash again, it has been crashing less since I installed windows on SSD. When a black screen hits it also affects the external monitor I am connected to. So I guess it is not cables problem?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Press the Windows key+X and choose Powershell (Admin) or Command Prompt (Admin) then copy and paste or type
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth as written, You must choose an Elevated (Admin) prompt for this to work.
For freezing computer, try running a Clean Boot. If this works, you can leave it that way. Or you can add one startup item or service at a time until the computer starts freezing and then you will know the culprit
The command actually worked in the powershell, yay! Now will clean boot still allow me to use the laptop as normal? Like browse, watch movies, play games? Cuz I'm not sure how to add processes back to the startup thing.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Also if it matters, the guy I bought it from was running some other OS on it. I'm not sure if it was ubuntu or Linux, could that create problem?

·
Premium Member
41,748 Posts
When running a Clean Boot you will be able to run your computer as normal, it just disables Items and Services starting with Windows that are not necessary. Just follow the instructions in the link. If something isn't working that you need, just put a check in the box for that application.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
When running a Clean Boot you will be able to run your computer as normal, it just disables Items and Services starting with Windows that are not necessary. Just follow the instructions in the link. If something isn't working that you need, just put a check in the box for that application.
okay, thanks. Will try!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Okay, so even with that command, and clean boot the screen still blacked out, and I had to force shut down the laptop. Anything else I should try?

·
28,528 Posts
Try to run this Command: slmgr.vbs /dli What result did you get?

1 - 20 of 93 Posts