Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Laptop does not boot at all

Hi,
I cannot boot my laptop at all and when I switch on the fan\heat sink makes a lot of noise. :sad:
I cleaned the fan (it was dusty) / took out my dvd rewriter (which did not worked for a long time, and replaced it with a cd player from my old laptop / Flashed the BIOS (flashed it back to the old BIOS settings as the noise of the fan was still there / formatted my hard disc.
Now I cannot boot my laptop at all. I cannot get in my BIOS. I disconnect my hard drive as the led of the HD is off, I replaced it with another. The led is going on but I still cannot boot my system at all. :4-dontkno

So I took out my DVD rewriter out of the laptop and plugged in an external monitor to see if it is the LCD, but that does not work either. :sayno:

It seems that there is no power or a defect processor. :sad:
Please advise.

gr, Ferri

-Features-
Acer Aspire 1700
Intel P4 2.6Mhz Processor
Seagate 80Gb E-IDE Hard disc
SIS M650 Chipset

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
The fan does not make noise anymore, but the screen is still blank.

I bought a new DDR and also connected another hard drive, this did not help either.

I tried to boot only with the necessary components; processor, RAM, HD and video.
I still did not manage to boot the system.

Is it possible that the mobo battery died? Or more..

Anybody any idea...

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
@ Ferri
Try removing the main battery and plugging in to AC to boot. If that fails, reinsert the battery and plug in to AC and boot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Please,

I already tried that, but it did not work either.
The led of the battery is red what means a faulty battery. Could that be the reason?
Also when I connect its HD the led is OFF. If I insert another HD the led is ON(keeps on).

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
@ ferri
You should be able to boot into BIOS with the battery removed and your laptop plugged into an AC outlet. If you can't, your BIOS flash may have gone wrong or there are other problems beyond what you have described that I can't help you with at this time. It is beyond my knowledge :4-dontkno . Maybe someone else around here can help.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I would suggest taking it in to a shop.

There has not been enough information given to be able to correctly diagnose.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I believe the MOBO is dead. I have sent my laptop for repair. I have bad feelings that it will take few weeks having it repaired.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.