Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I have a question about my Xbox 360. I just got it today and well, I wanted to start up xbox live. I don't want to plug it into my router though. So I thought I could plug it into my laptop (while I have a wireless internet connection on my laptop) and see if that would work. Unfortunately, I failed. Now, this worked with my Xbox (not live by online gaming xbconnect etc...). How could I configure my ethernet connection to my laptop to be able to establish a connection with the console and STILL remain connected to the internet via wireless. I have a linksys wireless router and I tried configuring the adapter manually, but with no luck. I even put a internet share on it to the wireless and no luck. I'm out of options here. I mean, I don't want to buy a 100 ft long ethernet cable or a wireless adapter for it. (no money after this). There HAS to be a way to do this, and it would be great if someone could show me how. Thank you, you guys are great.

·
Registered
26 Posts
bridge connection is the magic word
but maybe you need a crossover cable instead of a normal network cable

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm... bridge connection. I am using the cable supplied by microsoft. I'm thinking crossover but... not to sure on how to find that out.... How would I configure the bridge connection? Thanks man, I just am not to sure on how to do that. A little help?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well, once I bridge the connection I loose my wireless internet. How can this be. I'll try something I just thought of but if anyone has any ideas, PLEASE let me know. Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
I really really recommend you just get the Cat5 cable or save for the wireless adapter.

My 360 is connected via the included cable to a router that is then connected to another router. It works flawlessly.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I don't really feel like running a 50ft cable or more from my upstairs to my downstairs so... If there's a different way I'll diffenitly take it. Thank you though.

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
Yeah, snaking wire down stairs is a pain, I've been there... At this point I suggest saving for the WiFi adapter. From what I've read they work great.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ya know a buddy has one and it does work pretty nice. Though I finally found a way to get this working so I'll stick with the Network Bridge. It's not the best but it works pretty decent for now. Thanks everybody.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Man, it works but I loose connection A LOT! Does anyone know why I loose connection with Xbox Live so frequently now that I have this Bridged connection?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.