Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first... sorry if I didnt not post in the right spot, new to site.

I have a laptop I purchased (used) a couple of years ago.. worked great until the battery started to die... so I went to a store and purchased a brand new battery (from a battery store). In the mean time I used just the ac adaptor while I waited for the new battery with now issues.

When I went to put the brand new battery in the laptop and charge it the laptop got very hot and smelled like something was burning... unpluged it.. waited until morning then plugged in just the laptop to the ac adaptor to see of the laptop was okay (battery was out of laptop) and the laptop will not work now.

I have been told that this can happen with after market batteries..(must have over heated or over charged and fried the motherboard) but the battery store is saying no way... want to see if anyone has had this happen to them or knows if the information I was given that the battery can be the culprit it true.

Thank you!!

·
Premium Member
19,585 Posts
what laptop do you have? what battery did you purchased?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The laptop of made for a company that we purchased it from (as they were upgrading). The battery was model squ-410 (all that was on it)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Well for starters, you get a 30 day money back refund from Acer for that battery. Do you see any physical damage anywhere in your PC? If so, please specify where you see the damage and provide a general description of it as well.

Thank you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The battery was refunded. The person that inspected the laptop is getting back to me on what he found specfically.. I just know when we went to charge the battery the bottom of the laptop got very very hot and then smelled like it was starting to burn so we unplugged it immediately.

·
Premium Member
19,585 Posts
it sounds more like you got the wrong battery for your laptop. again, what laptop do you have? what manufacturer and model so maybe someone can verify that its the correct battery for your laptop. Its the only way you can get accurate information here instead of guesses.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
okay I will get the actual information... but this was the only battery that fit in the laptop. the Laptop did not have a model number as they were custom made for the company.. CRT...

the battery place ordered the model number of the battery we had to the new battery we got were the same.

·
Premium Member
19,585 Posts
okay I will get the actual information... but this was the only battery that fit in the laptop. the Laptop did not have a model number as they were custom made for the company.. CRT...

the battery place ordered the model number of the battery we had to the new battery we got were the same.
if you still have your old battery, give that batteries info. If they went by whether or not the battery would fit, then its a good chance the battery was wrong.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.