Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys hope you can help me.

I have a laptop screen that the backlight is not powering up on. I have changed the screen and the inverter board and still nothing. Im really stumped because i thought changing both out would actually sort the problem.

Im not really sure where to go from here.

any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats the one on the back of the screen isnt it? tbh i dont even know where to looking for a replacement let alone take out the old video cable. Im pretty sure its power to the backlight as i still get video when i shine light on the screen. im just stumped as i thought replacing and the power inverter and the screen would work. im also pretty sure i got the right parts down to the model no but i did notice there where quite a few laptops the same inverter worked with and the one i got for this laptop was out of an acer and i put it into a advent but still its the same model no. inverter.

·
Registered
12,437 Posts
If you see a faint image on the LCD then yes, it could be the backlight or the inverter. But you said you replaced both of these parts already. In that case I guess one of the parts you got is defective (assuming they are not brand new).

I have read an article on how to test an inverter but I have not tried it yet. Here's a link: http://www.fonerbooks.com/test.htm

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well both were new and tested i think. ive posted pics of the old inverter. the model number on the front is the same but on the right hand side connector there is a number (see picture) on the old connector it is 612 on the new one it is 568 im not sure if this matters or not.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,437 Posts
I am clueless if those numbers mean something. What I usually do is just compare the part numbers if they are available.

If you still have the old LCD and inverter then I suggest you do a mix and match. Use the old LCD with the new inverter / new LCD with old inverter hoping you get a good working combination.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.