Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use a compaq armada laptop.

Recently, my computer has been dying. If I fiddled with the chord, the computer would reboot, so i inferred there was something wrong with the chord. After purchasing a new adapter, I realized there was not a problem with a chord, but actually the spot where you put the adapter chord.

If i push hard on the chord into the outlet, the computer has power. But, when I let go, the power is gone and the computer dies.

I was wondering if there was any way to fix this?
Is there such a thing as a USB power adapter for computer? :4-dontkno

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
And to add to the above answer. No there is no other way to power your laptop.

You will have to open the laptop case and solder and/or replace the power jack. If you are not good with a soldering iron, you may want to have someone do this for you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
DC power jack repair

I've had the same problem before and I successfully removed the broken dc power jack and installed a new one. Its something that can be done by someone who is a professional as Terrister said,

"You will have to open the laptop case and solder and/or replace the power jack. If you are not good with a soldering iron, you may want to have someone do this for you."

I hope this has brought some helpful encouragement to people with a DC power jack problem. Let me know if not.

Dr.d ([email protected])

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.