Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any LAN remote software you guys can recommend that has a feature for remote confirmation for the users so we can install it for managers laptop?

EXCEPT Anydesk its good but it uses internet for connection what I need is only for LAN :)

·
Global Moderator
51,344 Posts
Take a look at TeamViewer, I've used it a number of times in the past. Good for LAN or Internet desktop sharing.

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
29,608 Posts
g711: Need a further explanation. I assumed you wanted to "spy" on employees. Legally of course. If you're only looking for a decent sharing and conferencing app, the Team Viewer is the obvious choice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
g711: Need a further explanation. I assumed you wanted to "spy" on employees. Legally of course. If you're only looking for a decent sharing and conferencing app, the Team Viewer is the obvious choice.
Nope this is to be use for managers that needs support so IT personnel wont need to visit their table every time they have a problem. Also needs only network connection no internet so we can save from bandwidth ehhe any thing you know guys I know teamviewer but it requires internet to connect need only LAN connection

·
Team Manager - Networking , Moderator - Micros
4,212 Posts
Nope this is to be use for managers that needs support so IT personnel wont need to visit their table every time they have a problem. Also needs only network connection no internet so we can save from bandwidth ehhe any thing you know guys I know teamviewer but it requires internet to connect need only LAN connection
Teamviewer doesn't require an internet connection and it will work in a LAN only environment. There is also a Quick Support version of it which the user can run on the client PC only when needed - it doesn't need to be installed on the system. If this is in a business, why not just use Windows Remote Desktop? Another program is Cloudberry / MSP360 remote software. Similar to Teamviewer, though I'm not positive if it requires an internet connection.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Teamviewer doesn't require an internet connection and it will work in a LAN only environment. There is also a Quick Support version of it which the user can run on the client PC only when needed - it doesn't need to be installed on the system. If this is in a business, why not just use Windows Remote Desktop? Another program is Cloudberry / MSP360 remote software. Similar to Teamviewer, though I'm not positive if it requires an internet connection.
Problem about Remote Desktop the user cannot view what are you doing to his PC Anydesk is good but needs internet connect I like the feature where it as user to allow and deny the remote connection which is very applicable for Managers :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
While TeamViewer is a good program, I learned via experience that if it touches the internet AND you aren't a paying user (read that as a free for personal use user) your account will be locked up to a 1 minute connection. That being said, the interface doesn't have a stealth mode for covert snooping.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts