Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Recently I was hit with a plague of viruses all because of a careless mistake of not paying attention to the location of where the Flash 10 files were coming from (they didn't come from adobe directly, but from someone's fake adobe site).

Anyway, I believe the viruses are gone now, but I think that it might have wiped out a necessary .sys or .dll file or somehow the virus killed my network connections.

On my comp I have a modem (not in use), an ethernet card, and also a wireless card. I don't use the ethernet card to connect as I don't have a wired connection. So, I rely on my wireless card/connection.

In "Network Connections" I no longer see LAN or High-Speed Internet

When I go to my network connections, the only two things listed are:
Broadband
Dial-Up

(I don't ever use either of those connections).

My primary connection is a Wireless card that is installed (DLink DWL-G520; I have the original drivers).

In the Device Manager, the wireless card and ethernet card still show up with a yellow ! to the left indicating that something is wrong.
These are what's listed with problems:
CNet PRO200WL PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter
CNet Pro200WL PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter - Packet Scheduler Miniport
Direct Parallel
D-Link AirPlus DWL-G520 Wireless PCI Adapter(rev. B )
D-Link AirPlus DWL-G520 Wireless PCI Adapter(rev. B ) - Packet Scheduler Miniport
WAN Miniport (IP)
WAN Miniport (IP) - Packet Scheduler Miniport
WAN Miniport (L2TP)
WAN Miniport (Network Monitor)
WAN Miniport (Network Monitor) - Packet Scheduler Miniport
WAN Miniport (PPPOE)
WAN Miniport (PPTP)

I've tried uninstalling the D-Link items first as I have the drivers readily...they install, but on the final screen it states that it could not add the hardware due to an error.

could someone please help?

·
Global Moderator
Electronic Design
52,036 Posts
TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2/SP3.

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands:

Note: Type only the text in bold for the following commands.

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults, type: netsh int ip reset reset.log

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults, type: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reboot the machine.

After that, please do this.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's the message:

Windows IP Configuration

An internal error occurred: The request is not supported.

Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services for further help.

Additional information: Unable to query host name.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I ran the sfc /scannow as requested and it took a good 7 minutes or so..anyway, when that was completed, there was no dialogue box stating a summary or anything (not sure if that was even expected anyhow)...otherwise, it seemed to have completed without incident.

However, I also did the two netsh commands again, rebooted, and also tried ipconfig /all again and still no dice (the ipconfig /all produces the same error message that I listed above).

·
Global Moderator
Electronic Design
52,036 Posts
There may be, but doing it by remote control is difficult to impossible. There is only so much we can diagnose without actually seeing the symptoms first-hand.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.