Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a DSL modem going into the uplink port of my network hub. Then I have 3 computers hooking up to it. All computers have been independently connected to the web this way for the past two years. However, when I upgraded all computers to Windows XP, I found that the file sharing was funny among the computers. After I installed the network file sharing, some could see other's shared folders while some could not. Then yesterday, all hell broke loose when all computers remained connected to the internet but lost connection to each other. I was like, ***? Even my lan games could not connect, could see the game in session but could not join. Tried pinging the other computers but it timed out.

THen I just disabled the fricking firewall on all the computers and all was fine. Anyone know how to use the firewall built into Windows XP without any of my problems?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I personally don't like Microsoft handling my security... but that's just me... Personally I suggest you disable firewall and go with ZoneAlarm. It's available at http://www.zonelabs.com/ I'm sure someone else will post their opinion...

I know it's a little late since you move pretty fast, but Welcome to the Tech Support Forums (TSF)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.