Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello i use a Windows XP computer. I have a netgear router, and upstairs there is a Windows vista computer. Both computers use the same router but the vista one has amazing connection no interruptions. On the other hand my Windows XP uses NETGEAR router the signal strength is always good-very good, but i have these lag interruptions and my ping sky rockets then back to normal. And this happens about every minute and is rather annoying.Can anyone help me with this annoying problem?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hey Iloveher,

Firstly you should post with the problem as the heading rather than a call for help then the people looking to help will recognise your problem from the hundreds of others and open to help rather than read. Also you shouldn't double post keep it in the thread.

If your XP is pausing then it is probably processing something in the back ground. Xp is more suseptible to spyware than Vista and you probably have some on it which is interfering with your machine.

Id suggest you go through the first steps http://www.techsupportforum.com/sec...read-before-posting-malware-removal-help.html and check for spyware / adware if not a virus.

The security tem will be able to look at your logs and determine if you have a problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.