Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I was searching this forum and it seemed a good idea to join as people are very helpful here.

My problem is this. I am running Win2k latest service pack on a KT3 Ultra2 motherboard, 1.5ghz Athlon XP cpu.

Now I recieved two sticks of high density 1gb ddr ram running at 2700. Now my motherboard states it can support upto 3gig ram in 3 slots, but when I put these two sticks in next to my 512mb Elixir stick (also running at 2700) they show up as 512mb. I've been in the bios, ran the sdram timings as SPD and as 266 and 333, currently I've left it at 333, I know that the CAS is supposed to be 2.5. Everything else I have changed and still they show up as 512's.

I have place the ram in each slot one by one and they are still showing up as 512's. I ran Check My Computer and they are being detected as 512's. I reset my cmos...still 512's.

This is obviously a problem with my motherboard but what exactly is the problem? The memory I bought was off Ebay...it's non ecc, and it doesn't seem like I got shivved for a raw deal because I had the same problem with a gig stick of ram a few years ago made by Elixir.

I have written to MSI but havent heard back.

Does anyone have any ideas please?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.