Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm building a computer with a 2200+, geforce4 mx, 512 corsair ram 2100, window xp professional.
I am not getting a display on my monitor. It sounds like its working but nothing shows. Even when i put in a boot disk, i hear it working but again the screen stays blank.
If anyone has any suggestions, i would appreciate it.
thank you.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Do you know someone that has a video card that you know works? If so ask if you can put that video card in your machine. This is an easy way to eliminate the bad video card angle.

Can you give us a little more information? Do you hear the system post? By posting I mean do you hear any beep(s) when you first turn the system on? If you do hear the system post, how many beeps are there? If there is more than one beep then there is an error and we would need to know that before we can help you any further.

Have you tried unplugging the monitor from the system? If so do you have the normal test screen when the monitor is turned on?

I am sure I am missing something but someone else will ask I'm sure. Let us know Tyson what you come up with.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have an extra vid card and i tried it. Same thing happens. I do not hear any beeps.
I even tried different ram stick but that didn't help.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Have you tried reseating all the connections? CPU, Ram, AGP, PCI, IDE, and power connectors. Also have you tested the monitor? As always, let us know.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have tried two different monitors, I build computer for friends, and i have gotten this problem a lot.
i just finish sending two motherboards back cause i thought they were fried. this one i'm using now, MSI just send it to me as a replacement for the one i sent. I was having the same problem with the other ones.
by reseating you mean taking everything out and and putting it back in?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank God for this post - problem was driving me absolutely nuts - removed network card and voila - display came back. How weird is that?

Have posted this reply 6 years after thread in case this problem haunts someone else in the future.

Anyone have any ideas why a pci network card would cause this problem?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.