Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello to all this is my first post, and i'm new to this forum....
i have a HP DV4000, that a freind of my gave me, it have no power, the battery is new and the power adapteris new. it's D.O.A. i welcome all help....

·
Registered
13,828 Posts
Hi,

What happens when you try to boot it up? Does it successfully POST? Also, do you hear any beeps, or do the fans spin up? And can you get into the BIOS?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there was no boot....when my freind gave me this laptop, and told me that the battery and adapter was new he failed to tell me that the battery was also dead,so when i had the battery charged the laptop did boot, untill the battery died again.....so it seems that the plug is defected

·
Registered
13,828 Posts
Does the laptop boot with the AC power connected but no battery in? Also, have you tried an external monitor? If not, try that, the LCD just might not be working.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the laptop works fine, everything works, but only on battery......no power, no boot,no anything when the battery is removed, and on ac power

·
Registered
13,828 Posts
Just so I understand you correctly:

It works off only battery
It doesn't work on battery and AC power
It doesn't work only on AC power

If that is the case, I would suspect there is a problem with the AC adapter, maybe it is not the right one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no, it worked off of battery.....did not matter if the plug was in or not....i removed the mother board and repaired the AC jack....after testing with VU there was no power at the end of the jack....the power was not getting past the jack.....the MB is fine....the laptop is fine....it works on both AC and Battery now....it took me just under two hrs to remove the MB, repair the jack and put it back together......the battery charge is 100%, the laptop been working all day, i let it run on AC for 4 hrs, then on Battery for 2 hrs, all is great.....thanks for the feedback......

kspr7941

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.