Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone here get the WORM/KLEZ.H virus?

If you removed it did the machine run OK afterwards?

My neighbor brought his machine over and it has 28 files with this virus in them so far still scanning......:upset:

·
hey
10,189 Posts
I usually hook up the hd to my work comp clean the files and copy over nortons cleaning tool. Then I put the hd back into customers machine, boot in safe mode, run the cleaning tool. It should be out by then. The cleaning tool has to be run in safe mode and it will fix the registry keys.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes; same methos that I use Danrak. The nasty thing about Klez of course if that it often destroys the Norton Antivirus system files. Danrak's method in that case is the only solution.

·
Registered
31 Posts
danrak said:
I usually hook up the hd to my work comp clean the files and copy over nortons cleaning tool. Then I put the hd back into customers machine, boot in safe mode, run the cleaning tool. It should be out by then. The cleaning tool has to be run in safe mode and it will fix the registry keys.
If the infected PC(s) is(are) on a network, then is trying to clean from a laptop with suitable anti-virus an viable option? I am assuming to disconnect all PCs from the network, except for the PC to clean and a laptop added.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.