Tech Support banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a logitech keyboard/mouse combo mk320. it has lost all its coloring on the keyboard~! also before it stopped working so well, it wouldnt type what I did - it would transpose numbers/letters opposite what I had typed! now I put the HP wired keyboard/mouse back on, and it does the same thing!!! this is not the first its happened with either. does anyone know what causes this to happen? ticks me off when I go back after typing and see this jumble of stuff (I'm very fast and accurate) I have typed words each letter at a time and it does the same. also key print has faded on both keyboards, the hp has only been used infrequently, the logitech is only 2 yrs old.

now I'm looking for an plain illuminated keyboard, can you give recommendations? thanks for your help asap!

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
26,992 Posts
Before you buy anything make sure your keyboard/mouse drivers are up to date (might have to uninstall and reinstall current driver) and your current keyboard settings are correct. Run the keyboard troubleshooter and make sure you've selected English. If it's happening only in certain programs, shut off auto-correct.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you, ran the troubleshooter for everything, nothing showed up. uninstalled the keybd/mouse, reinstalled, same thing.

·
Team Manager - Hardware, Acting Manager, Security
14,635 Posts
Basic drivers are ion Windows so I doubt keyboard software would make much difference. That said I am not being funny but what about batteries? How recently did you replace them.
I have been noticing it seems letters wear off keyboards lately at a much faster rate and am not sure why or what has changed. Again did you update batteries in the older units?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yep replaced batteries in all units, problem still happening. dont know what else to do short of buying a new keybd/mouse.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts