Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a keyboard for my laptop yesterday (dont laugh :p) got it home and tried it and whenever i plug it in or remove it, the windows stop error message will appear, blue screen, crash, restart. everytime. i took it back to the store and it works on their machines :S

is there something out of place on my laptop or sumthing? (the keyboard had no software to be installed, on the USB interface)

please help:normal:

·
Registered
425 Posts
If you boot with it plugged in the the USB port does it still do it, or does this happen only when you plug it in after the machine has been booted?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the keyboard is a USB keyboard
and it will only do it if i add or remove it after the computer has booted

if i plug it in while the pc is off, it is fine
does that help more?:pray:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how can i find more information? is there anything else you need to know?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Do you have SP2 installed on your laptop?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes, had it quite awhile now :pray:
thx for replying :heartlove

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
erg its reallly bugging me now, what could my problem be?!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i've tried all of the ports on my laptop which i know are not faulty, and ones that i use 100% of the time.. but it still crashes when i remove it :S what can i do? what can i check? help!!:normal:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
this is what it says on my blue screen

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

***STOP:0x0000000A (ox80564f9a, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x80564f9a)

and then a tonne of stuff about correctly installed hardware and software, but as the keyboard is plug and play, there was no software :|

help

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thank you for your very useful and frequent help tips :upset: i'm quite surprised that your response is so slow.. but nvm

i found my problem, the problem is that the keyboard that i plug in interfears with the inbuilt keyboard on the laptop, and laptops always have to have 1 keyboard running at a time, plugging the USB keyboard in before booting the laptop up tricks it into thinking there is 1. then when it is unplugged, both crash, resulting in the stop error

thank you for your help :sigh:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.