Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm new to this so please bear with me. I use DriverMax to keep the computer drivers up to date. I normally do one at a time and reboot in case something goes wrong, but for some reason I done 5 driver updates at once. I rebooted the computer and now the keyboard or mouse do not work. They do work up to a point. I can hit F2, F8 or F12 and get into computer setup. I have tried everything I know, but once the windows startup screen appears, the lights go out on the keyboard and mouse and even though the computer seems to have started perfectly, I cannot access it as the keyboard & mouse do not work. Please help if anyone knows what might be wrong. Thank you. Kevi.

·
Decessit
68,880 Posts
hi have you tried starting in safemode and see if you can use them there if so you can go to device manager and try to roll back the driver to the previous version

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

Thank you.

Yep tried safe mode - keyboard still inactive as soon as windows logo appears. Even went into bios setup and booted from windows cd and pressed 'r' to repair but after a few minutes everything locks. Tried diagnostics tests but this also freezes at 62%. I have told my friend at work and it has stumped him as well.

My friend has decided to reinstall windows onto another part of the computer so as to be able to get my lost data files - things like photos, letters and camcorder footage - the stuff I do not want to lose. He says when he is able to copy over the data that I want to keep, he will then do a complete reinstallation of windows and start afresh.

I hope this works.

Thanks again for your time.

Kevi

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.