Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been having this problem latley where when I hit ****+2 other keys it makes my keys all different...Like if I do that and then try and type..Something like "Hey, Whats up?" would be "hg.; Hwags mi:". You get the idea? It gets agrivating because then I have to get out of my game and get back in...I don't remember wich keys I hit cuz im never paying attention when it happens...Anyone undertsand what im talking about?

· Registered
11,203 Posts

· Registered
1,307 Posts
Point is carsey, as a forum member, I'm offended by mis-spelled, incoherent, and unintelligible posts. If you want help, please make a minimal effort to be clear. Go back to the original post and tell me honestly if it makes any sense at all. I tried to make this point in a humorous way, but, if you still feel offended, tough.

· Registered
11,203 Posts
Yes it makes perfect sense apart from the *****'s.

What the user is trying to say is that if they press keys on their keyboard (these may be certain keys) then on screen they appear as something totally different.

What is the key that is blanked out by the *'s Xura??

· Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry if I didnt make it clear for everyone...basically..I'll hit SHIFT (I have no clue why it was cut out with *'s) plus some other combination of keys it always changes the keys around on my computer..

· Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks Alot...I'll go scan my computer for spyware again. I'm almost 99% sure that I don't have any though. It does this on WoW and CS:S to. It's done it once before when I wasn't playing a game and I opened the On Screen Keyboard and even those keys were different that the ones on my keyboard..The weird thing is that it keps changing every now and then also

@Chode-If you honestly get OFFENDED when people mistype things or post something that maby YOU don't understand then you should just lighten up abit

· Registered
1,307 Posts
Pretty amusing Xura! There was nothing about your post that was clear or helpful. You didn't say what OS you use, what kind of software you were running when the incidents occurred, what kind of keyboard you use, whether it uses special software like MS Intellitype, etc. I don't get offended by a random typo, but your post was riddled with misspellings and (carsey's lame response aside) really wasn't coherent. Your subsequent posts have been much clearer. Good to know that you can post intelligently when it matters to you. Maybe you should go back to square one and try a detailed post. GIGO, Bubba.

carsey, your response is truly a laff riot! Of course you understand Xura perfectly. Except for the keystrokes in question and actually having some idea about what might be the matter. Sorry , but just saying "Yes! I understand! Sometimes you push keys and odd things happen! I don't know what it all means, but I bet an EXPERT will!" really doesn't constitute "understanding" in any meaningful sense. Tell me, carsey, are you one of those posters I've seen on so many other forums who are 90% questions and comments and 10% advice?

· Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pretty amusing Xura! There was nothing about your post that was clear or helpful. You didn't say what OS you use, what kind of software you were running when the incidents occurred, what kind of keyboard you use, whether it uses special software like MS Intellitype, etc. I don't get offended by a random typo, but your post was riddled with misspellings and (carsey's lame response aside) really wasn't coherent. Your subsequent posts have been much clearer. Good to know that you can post intelligently when it matters to you. Maybe you should go back to square one and try a detailed post. GIGO, Bubba.

carsey, your response is truly a laff riot! Of course you understand Xura perfectly. Except for the keystrokes in question and actually having some idea about what might be the matter. Sorry , but just saying "Yes! I understand! Sometimes you push keys and odd things happen! I don't know what it all means, but I bet an EXPERT will!" really doesn't constitute "understanding" in any meaningful sense. Tell me, carsey, are you one of those posters I've seen on so many other forums who are 90% questions and comments and 10% advice?
What im wanting to know here is basically if anyone knows if it's just a basic keyboard shortcut that im accidently pressing to cause that to happen and if so then is there any way to disable it...And the OS? It's in the Windows XP section so I assumed any half minded person would figure out the OS I was using. My keyboard is a normal one...A standard one you can buy at warmart for 15$~

· Registered
11,203 Posts
I recommend, chode, that if you intend on insulting people then you leave. None of your posts have helped this topic in anyway. All techs here ask questions to get to the base of a problem. It gives us more knowledge as sometimes not all user include everything about the problem in the initial post. Some people who visit here have never even used a forum before so they are hardly going to know the rules of posting straight off. They are bound to miss bits of information.

I don't know what it all means, but I bet an EXPERT will!" really doesn't constitute "understanding" in any meaningful sense. Tell me, carsey, are you one of those posters I've seen on so many other forums who are 90% questions and comments and 10% advice?
Do you know who I am?? Do you know if I have any qualifications? Do you know if i work in IT for a living? I bet the answer to them questions is no. I have helped many people on this forum get to the base of their problems which results in them getting fixed. Just look at how many of the members who have been here longer ask questions. They all do.
Out of the 3 posts you have made in this thread, have any of them actually been constructive. I dont think so. All my posts have helped. I recommended them getting a Hijack This scan as I know that there are trojans, malware etc out there that does exactly the problem mentioned. How do I know....Im training to be a professional analyst for this forum. This takes logic, skill and many others.

· Registered
5,339 Posts
Hi Xura,
could you please post the keyboard that you are using, make and model, and a bit about your system. Have you tried a different keyboard.

Chode, keep on topic, or leave. Please only post on these threads if you are going to post something useful, and helpful, and on-topic. Other things post in Offline. Also, have a little respect please. At the rate you are going, you may just get yourself banned, we wouldn't want that now would we?

· Registered
1,307 Posts
Sorry, joefireline. My most humble apologies. But I have little respect for Xura's original post. I think this is the online equivalent of some wino staggering up to my car while it's stopped at a light, rubbing a filthy rag over the windshield (hopelessly smearing it in the process) and then wanting to paid for cleaning my windshield.

I certainly don't know carsey's qualifications, anymore than he knows mine. But his post certainly contributed nothing to solving Xura's problem, because he had no information to work with and apparently, he felt he lacked the technical expertise to help. After all, carsey did suggest that an expert would get back to Xura.

You yourself asked for almost exactly the same information I told Xura to provide. Again, people asking for help really need to meet certain minimum standards for clarity.

· Registered
1,307 Posts
Glaswegian, I understand your concerns, and I really do try to be civil. I don't go out of my way to step on any toes, and you can certainly review my posts if you wish. I'm willing to help anyone, but they need to at least have the common courtesy to attemptto make sense. I have 20 years of IT experience and 15 years as mid-level corporate management. I just don't think it is out of line to expect a tiny bit of effort to make sense when you post.

Edit:

And I don't think we have a language issue on this thread.

· Happy to support TSF!
7,274 Posts
Chode, your input is welcome as long as you stick to the task of helping.

However, your posts on this thread leave a lot to be desired in my opinion and the fact that you have '20 years of IT experience' and '15 years of mid-level corporate management' should've given you better interpersonal skills with people asking for help.

Lets just stick to task of helping. If you feel that someone hasn't provded the information you need, then it's a great idea to ask for that information. You have to remember Chode, that not everyone has 20 years experience of IT and 15 years experience of mid-level management so what may well be second nature for you, may not be for them. Afterall, I don't expect myself to be a motor mechanic just because I have a car...the same logic applies to someone to owns a computer and may not have 20 years IT experience.

· Registered
1,307 Posts
Point well taken nickster_UK. Unfortunately, my corporate experience has made me impatient. I'm old and grouchy. It's good to know that my input is appreciated when it is helpful, but why is it that this thread seems to have focused on my attitude rather than assisting Xura? Where are the solutions? Has anyone posted anything helpful? Who has a clear understanding of the problem, let alone a solution? Perhaps you should focus on resolving the issue instead of my numerous and serious personal failings.

· Manager, TSF Articles
38,787 Posts
Point well taken nickster_UK. Unfortunately, my corporate experience has made me impatient. I'm old and grouchy. It's good to know that my input is appreciated when it is helpful, but why is it that this thread seems to have focused on my attitude rather than assisting Xura? Where are the solutions? Has anyone posted anything helpful? Who has a clear understanding of the problem, let alone a solution? Perhaps you should focus on resolving the issue instead of my numerous and serious personal failings.

Because Xura still hasn't given enough information. Further, I'm older and grouchier than you:smile:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.