Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Windows 10
Start - Settings - Ease of Access - Keyboard

Everything here is off. If i turn on the On-Screen Keyboard no keys are Highlighted (indicating they are depressed/stuck )
When I use the hard keyboard and sometimes even the onscreen keyboard its as if either Ctrl, Alt Win or something are pressed down as it just types shortcuts.
EG:

-H- typed into chrome browser address bar via onscreen keyboard types as normal
-H- typed into chrome browser address bar via hard keyboard brings up -Chrome://history- But now also on the onscreen keyboard Ctrl is Highlighted.
I click on the onscreen keyboard to deactivate the now highlighted Ctrl button and try again. Now things are different, as now both the onscreen keyboard and the hard keyboard both bring up –Chrome://history- when -H- is typed ( Shift is not depressed )

This seems to randomly cycle one min onscreen keyboard works fine, next the keyboard works fine or they either work or none of the work rendering the computer useless.

I cant help feel it’s a software issue but im no pro and I don’t have an additional external keyboard to try but as the onscreen and hard keyboard work ok for a while sometimes I assume something is up and that’s what brought me here.

Hopefully this is clear enough to be understood and to help others who may have the same issue.

Thank you so much for your time.

OTHER NOTES:
In -Device Manger – Keyboards-
The keyboard driver is dated 2006 so tried to update the driver but says I have the best driver software for my device is already installed. Noticed there are 2 entries for the HID Keyboard Device both are the same driver version. Maybe I should delete/uninstall one? Both (under event tab) , dated 310715 Device migrated, Device configured(keyboard.inf) and Device started (kbdhid). It was prob around this date I first started having probs.

Pressing Ctrl on hard keyboard highlights Ctrl on onscreen keyboard only whilst being pressed. Let go of the hard key, the soft key turns off.
Sometimes the 9 gets stuck and does 99999999999999999999999999999 but saying that I just restarted the machine and pressed the key -d- and it acted like a stuck 9 as in 999999999999999999999 not dddddddddddddddddddddddddddd. Very odd.

Ive NOT tried the following:
System restore (seems harsh)
Rolling back the keyboard driver (not sure how on win 10 )
Deleting the keyboard from System (not sure how on win 10 )

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.