Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 A7v133c mobo and one on them seem not to recognise any kboard attached to itinps2 port. I bought a nes ps 2 kb hoping it would solve, but it did not rec it until i used adaptor usn to ps2. I wanted to change bios setting to have xp install again but strikind DEL key on boot bought me to bios, but UNABLR to navigate thru menu with the keyboard. I tried all my other Kboard , and no response.

Help pls.
desperate pc user.
Josian

·
Registered
23,001 Posts
Hi.

Have you tried clearing CMOS?

First ground yourself by touching a radiator or the computer case.
Then unplug the computer from the wall outlet and open the case.
Remove the little "coin-like" battery on the motherboard.
Move the "clear CMOS" jumper on the motherboard from pins 1&2 to pins 2&3.
Wait 15 minutes.
Replace the jumper to pins 1&2.
Put the battery back.
Close the case and start the computer.
Enter BIOS and choose "Load setup defaults" (or something similar) - save and exit BIOS.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes that what i thought about, so I search on net how to do it, and download the manual for mobo. I than did the clear, but on booting back i realised that i DID NOT unplug the cpu. result: the pc does not boot any more, fans are running but no boot. not even the start beep or text to srcn. feeling desperate.

·
Registered
23,001 Posts
CPU? It's the PSU you have to unplug.

Clear CMOS again. Unplug the PSU from the wall first.
Check all cables/connections and take the video card out - then put it back.
Start the computer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes. I meant PSU.
I did also try using another mobo: asus cuv4x_d, a dual processor saoketa with 2 intel 3 at 866 mhz. same problem there also.
clearing cmos did not help neither. found that this one said cmos error and giving data 01012001 when it entered bios automatcally, and still no way to move around using kboard in ps2 or usb.

·
Registered
23,001 Posts
All three motherboards are old. Have they worked before?

Did you try the PS/2 keyboard with a working computer? The keyboard could be faulty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.