Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Strange situation here. When I turn my machine on, after POST, the keyboard lights start to flash. It continues to load the OS (WinXP Pro), but I'm stopped at the login screen. The keyboard lights continue to flash and the mouse is frozen at the center of the screen. If I restart the machine, it works fine the 2nd time. Keyboard and mouse both work fine. I'm not sure if this is a keyboard/mouse problem or DMI problem. I had this same issue with the machine when I had Win98 on it. Then, on the first boot, it would hang at "verifying DMI pool data". Just like now, a restart would resolve the problem. I've seen descriptions on what to check for the DMI problem, but I've never seen the keyboard/mouse problem listed in conjunction with it. Sorry if this seems confusing, just imagine what I feel like. Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have you tried swapping out the KB and Mouse with bare bones standard units?

Also, I had a power issue connected to the keyboard, and Adobe's Type Manager Program was a possible culprit.

If that is installed, you might want to try uninstalling it.

·
ID10T Circuit replacement
1,038 Posts
Are they USB? or PS/2?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Don't forget, that if they are USB, then all the USB resources have to be installed and working as well, although they should do that automatically when they notice a USB device plugging into a port.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Exactly what mouse/keyboard brand and model are you talking about?
Try downloading the newest drivers.

S

·
0 Posts
You really shouldn't need any extra drivers for a mouse and keyboard to work, the MS driver should work just fine. Unless of course you want all those fancy features that come with some of these mice today.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.