Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
XP deleted itself when checking for consitency today, and after trying to install it because I could not repair it, the installation would not advance when I press enter on XP when it asks for me to choose an option. After restarting and trying to install it a couple times, I determined the keyboard stopped working once it says "Setup is loading Windows".

Basically the problem is I can not install XP because when I press enter, it will not advance. It started having this problem after I removed the hard drive so I could transfer my files to my other computer but it failed because the computer could not recognize the file format of the drive. Anyhow when I stuck the hard drive back in my computer, the problem that I can not install XP because when it asked for it, pressing any key would not do anything, sort of like the keyboard was not connected. It is not a faulty keyboard or XP cd, or hard drive. I do not know what is causing the problem though.

I started this as a new topic because I am sure this is much simpler to understand and will actually get people to look at the topic. :dead:

I don't think anyone has had this kind of problem before.

·
Registered
20 Posts
You also need to check your bios for keyboard options. I know it works at first but still, initializing the keyboard may be a problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.