Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,
I have a Legion 5-15ACH6H with Windows 11. My keys suddenly stoped working. Right now I am using an external keyboard which works fine. I reinstalled my keyboard driver multiple times but that did not change anything. Furthermore I opened Regedit (Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\i8042prt) and modified the value of "start" from 3 to 1 without success. Booting to safe mode changes nothing too.
The weird part is that my keyboard works in the bios and in the advanced start menu.
Can someone plss help me out.

· Team Manager, Microsoft Support
33,785 Posts
If you upgraded to Windows 11 rather than purchasing a new computer, did MS say you met specs or did you go ahead anyway?

· Registered
117 Posts
Agree with looking into settings that disable the keyboard. Laptops have those settings because people using external keyboards and pointing devices can get messed up with the touch-pad on the laptop. So you can disable both the touchpad and the keyboard (built-in ones) so using external devices is easy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.