Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
PS/2 connection problems on Motherboard

Can anyone help. I have a desktop pc which has PS2 keyboard and mouse connections. There appears to be a connection problem because the system fails POST at the prompt No Keyboard Found. in either connector. I have tried USB keyboards but the system does not recognise them when they are connected, I think the BIOS needs informing that I am trying to use a USB keyboard but obviously I can't access the BIOS settings without a keyboard attatched and we go back to the start of my problem. Can anyone help with this vicious circle or will I need a new Mother board just for a PS2 connection??:4-dontkno

·
Registered
4 Posts
USB keyboards working instantly plug and play isn't unusual but PS2's should always work. A new motherboard would be over the top i'm sure, try another PS2 keyboard, maybe a friend can lend you one?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Tobyboat1,
I have tried two other keyboards and get the same result, the No keyboard prompt and a continuous rapid beep. There is a little history. I was asked to repair this once before and found no problem however it has been returned to me and is now displaying the problem. I think it could have been intermittent but has become constant now. Can't get a P&P USB keyboard to work either.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.