Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
It started off with pc running slow and problems with start-ups. Quite often internet surfing would stop anytime it wanted and IE6 would be closed. I tried to run online Housecall scan to find out what happened but it failed to transfer data. I did other spyware scans, only a casalesMedia.com persistently loading itself when pc starts.

I had Combofix fixing up spyware problems before so I stupidly ran the program without consulting you guys first. Afterwards I also ran Hijackthis without deleting any files. I know Combofix is powerful and I should never do it without getting advice from you first. I am so going to kick myself if that's what's causing any further problems. Anyway, the start-up is fine although painfully slow. The pc now have regular blue screen error message, "Kernel_data_inpage_error" after ~15-20 and the window will be closed down. I googled this error message, some posts said it's hard disk bad sector problem, some said the hard disk is going to die and some said could be virus problem, some said the page files no longer can transfer the data.....

I don't know what to think anymore? I have saved most things now and prepared for the worst. I would appreciate any help to save my laptop from dying.Anything, anyway at all to fix this problem?? If you think reinstalling window would help then I am prepare to get my recovery disks out.

I am attaching both logfiles.
I am using window XP SP3 IE6 SP3
View attachment ComboFix logfile.txt

View attachment hijackthis laptop logfile.txt
The laptop is about 3 years old.

Thanks heaps!!

I can't even use the laptop to burn stuff or to send this. Have gone to my desktop now to send this now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.