Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right i've recently reinstalled Windows XP Home back on my machine because it was playing up and now everything is fixed. But when I started installing my things again, when I was installing my dads game that worked before I re-installed windows. Now when I try to open the Joint Operations game shortcut I get a message saying
Jointops.exe -Entry Point Not Found
"The procedure entry point MakeCriticalSectionGlobal could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll."

I believe this has something to do with DirectX but I have downloaded and installed DirectX 9.0a (or whatever the latest version is). And I still have the error occuring.

Also I have looked at DirectX through Start > Search > DirectX
And looked in the folder DxDiagnostic Tool which is the options for DirectX (I think). And there is no error or caution warnings in the status box, all say "No problems found".

Anyone know why and how I can fix this cause my dad wants to play on his game and it's driving me nuts :exclaim:

PC Specs
1.9Ghz processor
256Mb DDR ram
Windows XP Home edition

Thats about all I know to be honest :rolleyes:

·
ID10T Circuit replacement
1,038 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Downloading the game update from the link you posted, thanks.

Scanned PC and it's picked up no virus' any other ideas if these fail?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bump, have tried installing all windows updates apart from DirectX and then re-install DirectX but ti still says the same error messgae when I try to start the game.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Kernal32.dll is an integral part of your operating system. without it or an improper download to re-install it you will kill your O/S no matter what flavour. with each flavour there are multiple types and so it sounds like you just got a bad install that time. Because the game did operate last install it would be good to;
1. re-install with fresh formatted drive (not the quick format option)
2. install all neccassary drivers (mobo,video,hardware)
3. install suspect game (not usual as it should be at the end of the install process)
4. check its operability
5. if works then follow through with sp1, ie6sp1 and so on (dont use the sp avail over net as Microsoft have not authorised and people have made there own, so you don't know if there build is right for your XP)
6. Check if game still works.
7. if does then whoppie :) if not then roll back updates till you know which one is not good for your XP. (remember the o/s has its own personality and although should preform the same every time i can garauntee it wont 1 out of 10 installs.....I re-install monthly due to beta testing and other things.)
8. if game does not run after initally installing then come back

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.