Tech Support Forum banner
61 - 74 of 74 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
I understand there are companies that will repair old control boards, but their reviews are mixed. Either it worked or it didn't work, and most people were disappointed in the company's response if it didn't work. Here are the companies I found:
https://www.fixyourboard.com/how_to_ship.html
https://www.partsimple.com/whirlpool-3407091-laundry-dryer-control-board.html
AKA this EBay company Whirlpool 3407091 Laundry Dryer LogicPower Board Control REPAIR SERVICE | eBay
https://www.upfix.com/product/3407091-laundry-dryer-control-board-repair/
Whirlpool 3407091 Laundry Dryer Control Board - REPAIR SERVICE . FactorysOnline

Has anyone dealt with these or similar companies that repair control boards?

· Moderator Hardware Team
14,513 Posts
Hi you can check this company out they fix a ton of different boards. We send all are boards that needs fixing. They don’t do every board out their but a lot of them. Can search their site by manufacture and board number. you can also call them and see if they can fix your board. Prices not that bad. Home | Control System Labs

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
I think virtually all appliances come with similar documentation, I know all my major appliances have a similar pack of documentaton.
I guess they like hiding it where only a technician will find it, so people won't mess with things they're not qualified to do. I always knew these documents existed, but they can be hard to find, and manufacturers have always told me they don't exist... insisting the only option is to contact an authorized service technician.

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
I have good news and bad news. My clothes dryer is no longer overheating. Unfortunately, I don't do laundry frequently enough to be patient enough to run a true scientific experiment. Therefore, I have too many variables to conclude a particular cause. Replacing the thermistor didn't solve the problem, but, based on the ohm readings, I believe the new one is slightly better than the old one. I did deep cleaning and removed a small area of caked on lint after the blower and before the first elbow toward the rear of the dryer. This area covered only 3-4" and was no more than 3/16" thick at the thickest... not enough to create any significant reduction in airflow. I also removed the control board and cleaned the pins well with vinegar followed by cleaning the entire board with denatured alcohol. Something must have helped, but I can't say exactly what it was. The only other variable that I don't believe had anything to do with it was I switched my propane provider, so there was no propane pressure for about 10-15 minutes.

· Team Manager, Microsoft Support
33,796 Posts
Best guess is cleaning the pins + control board since that is what affected the problem the most of the things you did. Anyway, we can put this thread to rest unless others have further comments.

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Best guess is cleaning the pins + control board since that is what affected the problem the most of the things you did. Anyway, we can put this thread to rest unless others have further comments.
Prior to cleaning the board, I didn't see anything on the board that would lead me to believe it might have caused a current reduction, but there was dust, which I removed, sitting below the board on the dryer, inside the component box at the top rear of the dryer.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts