Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen, I was referred to this forum upon chancing several other tech support forums praising the high quality of feedback they received from here, so here I am, a first time poster.

Recently, over the past 2 weeks, my Operating System has been removing me from programs that I have been using, as if I'm Alt-Tabbing them manually. However, this is not the case. Every time I start a program/open a window, it takes just over several moments to kick in, and I am Alt-Tabbed to the desktop (if playing a game), or my window is rendered inactive, like I'm switching from one window to another. I have scanned my computer several times with AVG Anti-Virus and Ad-Aware, but both have not come up with/found any devices that affect the system. Please, I implore you to help me. It's frustrating doing an eExam when you keep popping off an inactive window. :upset:

Thank you for your time.

Asus A7SVseries

CPU: Duo T7500
Memory: 2048 MB
GeForce nVIDIA 8600MS

·
Administrator, Manager, Microsoft Support, MVP
34,395 Posts
Hi adriancold. . .

Welcome to the Tech Support Forum - Vista Support!

First, I would like for you to boot into SAFEMODE and run some of these programs in question and see if they react the same way as in a normal Vista boot-up. Restart you computer and tap the F8 key repeatedly during boot-up. If you are unsure when that exact moment is, power the system down completely, then tap F8 after you power it back on.

Also. . .

I would suggest that you look at a few areas within Vista that may provide additional information about these program closures:

• Problem Reports and Solutions -
START | type wercon.exe into the Start Search box | right-click on wercon.exe that appears up top | select Run as Administrator | view "See Problems to Check".

• The Event Viewer -
START | type eventvwr into the Start Search box | right-click on eventvwr.exe that appears up top | select Run as Administrator | view the various logs starting with the Administrative logs.

Any ? - please let me know.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.